Tagline

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

goal #2 - purchase nothing new

This year, one thing I am attempting to do is to not purchase any NEW clothes or household items (furniture, towels, decorations, etc). Now, I am on the search for two items: a side table for the living room and a bookcase for Zoe's room. This time last year my parents were cleaning out their house and gave me a mirror. The mirror hung in my house all through my childhood. It was the ugliest mirror ever! I had told Garrett I was wanting a mirror for our dining room, a couple of days before my dad called. After a $4.00 can of spray paint and two ours labor, ta da.

I share this story, in hopes that I will locate a bookcase and side table that have the same potential.

I have been reading about making a mosaic on the table top. Have any of your guys ever created a mosaic? Any tips? I think it would make a nice addition to my simple living space.

2 comments:

  1. Are you familiar with freecycle.org? You may want to check it out to help with goal #2. :)

    ReplyDelete